This Saturday Fernando Menis received «Złotą Karetę Nowości», an award that is given every year to the most successful people.
- The ceremony took place in the building which he designed, and for which he got an award – CKK Jordanki
- This building was my love letter for Toruń. I built a strong relation with the city and I can’t stay too long in my country without the possibility of frequent visits in this place. My work didn’t finish yet – now I will do everything to make Toruń famous in the world – says Fernando Menis
- Fernando has done a perfect work here because the concert hall is well prepared for the performances of the orchestra and more. It is amazing that acoustic can change depending on the concert – says Victor Pablo Perez, conductor of the symphony orchestra in Madrid
- We are very pleased by this award because of two reasons. It is the first «Złota Kareta» received by the foreigner, and it is the first award that took place in this building. – says Tomasz Wojciekiewicz, president of Express Media
- Suddenly, the world started paying more attention to this city. I am sure a lot of operas and concerts from all over the world will come here to see and to check this beautiful example of modern architecture – says Kristin Feireiss, a member of the jury of the Pritzker Architecture Prize.